Hello everyone, what a year last year was, with you our esteemed readers keeping your eyes peeled to our articles and all. We want to thank you and officially welcome you to a year of great achievements and possibilities.
We start off the year with an article from a dear friend who have featured so many times on this blog. Though a great music director and singer, he is renowned for his inspiring articles which has blessed so many on diverse social media.
He graciously asked me to choose a title for this post and I called it...NOBODY IS LESS IMPORTANT THAN ANOTHER...please enjoy.
![]() |
Maestro Ayodele Alabi |
Realistically, I would need my hands for almost every musical instrument I might ever wanna try playing (by the way, I plan on trying my fingers on as many musical instruments that appeal to me as possible before the end of time)... With due respect to COBHAMS ASUQUO, STEVIE WONDER and every visually impaired musician that has walked through earth and made good music, I must confess that my mind has so far only been "RENEWED" to have my hands work with my eyes... (Lol)
I always used to say, It'd be okay to call me handicapped if I didn't have my eyes to corroborate the efforts of my fingers. So in a nutshell, my fingers and eyes were my most valued body parts; the type I could place insurance on...
Stay with me please, I'm going somewhere with this...
Okay, just last week I woke up with this serious ache around my ankle. It was like I had a confrontation with JACKIE CHAN in my dream. Putting on my shoes and walking around was difficult. But I didn't realize how much more difficult it would be until I tried playing the piano in church and each attempt to step on the sustain pedal felt like a boil in my armpit (Hey, you ever had one of those? Jeez!!! That thing can painnnnn)... The pain was thick... To think I had never thought of my legs as being so important... There and then, I decided if any other part of my body (aside my fingers and eyes) was worth insuring, it would be my legs... So... There!!! Fingers, eyes and legs it is.... Just follow me please, will you?
And then yesterday, I was taking my bath ooo... And somehow (I still don't get it) I poured water in my ears... Wooooooow... I'm a music lover; how could I have forgotten to give my ears credit? You ever had water stuck in your ears? It might not have been a big deal for any other person... But for me who has built a "trademark" with earpieces and headphones, my ears are certainly of special essence (Just so you know, my ears are as sensitive to music notes as they are big... Yeah... My ears are so big, my mum compares them to that of the late M.K.O. Abiola... It's okay to laugh... Kikikikiki).
I was so miserable having water trapped in my ears that I asked for solutions from almost everybody I saw around me including the Google app on my phone... (I found the answer there anyway)... I mean, I was playing some Jonathan McReynolds' songs through my headphones and the water in my ears was making it sound like I was listening to the first CD album of Yinka Ayefele (Not that I esteem McReynolds above Ayefele, but they are certainly of different genre and sound and my ears were making them sound same).
Eventually, Google found me an answer... The most ridiculous answer worked... Put MORE water in the ear to free the water trapped in the ear... Crazy yeah? It WORKED!!!
As soon as it worked, I was forced to make a resolution... Who knows what it would be next week? Maybe hot beans burning my tongue or harmattan calling in catarrh to my nose... Whatever... I'm not taking chances... I'm giving credit to every part of my body.
Now here's where I was headed... Many times we make other persons in the body of Christ (and even outside the body) seem unimportant because they are not directly beneficial to us. The caterer feels like she doesn't need the farmer forgetting she needs eggs from his poultry to run her kitchen... The Farmer wonders what use a carpenter is to him forgetting that he'd need saw dust for his eggs and the carpenter's got loads of it... The choir department is esteemed more than the welfare department because they hold the microphones and put on the beautiful costumes and the welfare department is almost invisible...
Truth remains that, just like my esteemed eyes and fingers need my legs and ears and every other part of my body, we all need one another... Nobody is less important than another... Nobody is less gifted... Is anyone more anointed than another? We should learn to embrace the uniqueness of each person, even in their silence (or outspokenness as the case may be)...
Just like my buttocks is saying to my spine and my toe nails are saying to my kidney, I say to you "I need you... You need me... We all need Jesus, the HEAD of the church"
#Blessings
@Maestro
Nobody Is Less Important Than Another
Reviewed by Unknown
on
01:21:00
Rating:
Reviewed by Unknown
on
01:21:00
Rating:




No comments:
I absolutely love to read your comments