.

SELF ACCEPTANCE and PEOPLE's ACCEPTANCE

By Alara Karis Seyi


Laying on my bed one friday afternoon, thinking 'bout stuffs like life, people, where I'm coming from and where I am currently, I began to see clearly some major mistakes I've made along the way and I see these same mistakes being reflected in people's everyday life. 



It's got to do with "personal acceptance" and "people's acceptance". 

As simple as this sounds, it goes a long way in revealing our true personalities, boosting our self images. 



As Paul J Meyer rightly said "The mental picture you have of yourself determines the measure of confidence you bring to the challenge of using your potential and working towards the direction of your goals". 




Self acceptance first and then people's acceptance, but it's sad to note that this order has been reversed as people now rely on the latter to derive the former. 




Like I earlier stated, I also found myself in this pitiable state of conformity. 


The great change came however the day I said to myself "I don't want my life to be governed by situations or people around me, no one's gonna be responsible for where I end therefore no one' s responsible for where I am now". 




I made the seemingly difficult of those two choices which is "self acceptance" and cared less about all the paparazzi's that would be lost. 


But guess what, the choice paid off after all and you know why?? 




Its because what people buy of you is the image you have of yourself that you convey to their subconscious mind by your presence, personality, charisma ,and word choice.
SELF ACCEPTANCE and PEOPLE's ACCEPTANCE SELF ACCEPTANCE and PEOPLE's ACCEPTANCE Reviewed by Unknown on 01:13:00 Rating: 5

No comments:

I absolutely love to read your comments

Powered by Blogger.